The Gypsy Sling - $12.95
This is my favorite Sling Bag! Instructions include both leather and fabric strap options and can be made up in quilting or home décor weight fabrics and it's super roomy silhouette is perfect for showcasing your favorite print. Fun and easy to make and styled for the modern Gypsy in you!
The yardage given is for a one-way design. Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
The bag can be made using 44" wide quilting OR 54" wide mid-weight home dec fabric, please see the chart below.
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED
- 20" wide fusible woven interfacing - I use Shape Flex® SF-101 from Pellon®
Please check the chart above for the amount required. Make sure you pre-wash the interfacing following the manufacturer's instructions.
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread - I use my Premium Threads from Rowan
- 1 spool of Button and Carpet thread (I use Coats brand.)
- 2 leather belt straps - 3/4" wide x 41" long x 1/8" thick or one 1 1/2" wide x 1/8" thick leather belt, split lengthwise using a Strap Cutter. You can find a cutter on this website: (http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com)
NOTE: In place of the leather straps, an Optional fabric strap may be made with the given yardage.
Scissors, Straight pins, Clear tape, Chalk pencil, Iron and Ironing board, Pressing cloth, Measuring tape or ruler, 1 Standard hand-sewing needle, 1 Large-eyed hand-sewing needle, 1 pkg. of sewing machine needles (size 90/14), Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors), Nail and hammer, Large safety pin (for Optional Fabric Strap)
- 23" wide x 15" tall (excluding strap)