Materials List for the Oval Patchy and both Bonus Pillows (makes one pillow)
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
You have 2 options for making the front of your pillow. You can either make a "patchwork" design using three coordinating prints or simply use one print. I like to mix things up so I made my pillows with patchwork on the front and a single print on the back.
The pillow can be made using 44” wide quilting weight fabric OR 54” wide mid-weight Home Dec fabric. Please check the charts below for the amount required for the style you're making.
Please enjoy the BONUS projects below! More is more when it comes to pillows.
You'll measure and mark directly onto your fabric for these two styles. Have fun and happy sewing! ~Amy
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for all projects)
- 4" x 4" scrap of fusible woven interfacing (I use Shape Flex® SF 101 from Pellon®)
- Buttons to cover (I use Dritz® brand) Please save the instructions and template on the back of the package.
- 2 (size 2 1/2") for the Square Pillow
- 4 (size 1 1/2") for the Oval or Rectangle Pillows
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (I use my Premium Threads from Rowan)
- 1 small spool of Button / Carpet thread (I use Coats brand)
For the Oval Pillow only:
- 2 (12 oz.) bags of fiberfill (I use Nature-fil™ PLA corn fiberfill. This is an all natural premium fiberfill from Fairfield.)
For the Square and Rectangle Pillows:
Pillow Forms (I use Soft Touch® pillow forms from Fairfield)
- 1 24" x 24" for the Square Pillow
- 1 28" x 14" for the Rectangle Pillow
TOOLS NEEDED (for all projects)
Scissors, Ruler, Straight pins, Hand sewing needle, Thread wax, Transparent tape, 1 sheet
of wax-free tracing paper from Prym-Dritz®, Iron and Ironing board, 5" Upholstery hand sewing needle, Chalk pencil, Rotary cutter and mat, Pressing cloth
- 30” wide x 16” tall x 4” thick
- 23” square x 3" thick
- 26” wide x 14” tall x 4” thick