Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
The pillow and toy can be made using 44” wide quilting fabric OR with my fine-wale corduroy. (It's delicious! I loved using it for this project!) Please see the chart below.
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for the Big Nap Pillow)
- 36” x 18” piece of batting - I use Nature-Fil™ Blend Quilt batting from Fairfield
- 5 (12 oz.) bags of fiberfill - I use Nature-Fil™ PLA Corn Fiberfill. This is an all-natural premium product from Fairfield.
- 3/4 yard of 5/8” wide hook & loop fastening tape
- 7/8 yard of 1” wide jumbo ric-rac trim or decorative ribbon
- 1 small spool of Button / Carpet thread - I use Coats brand
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread - I use my Premium Threads from Rowan
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for the Silly Spider Toy)
- 5” x 8” piece of fusible webbing - I use Wonder-Under® from Pellon®
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of fiberfill - I use Nature-fil™ PLA corn fiberfill. This is an all-natural premium product from Fairfield.
- 2 6” x 9” brown felt squares for the Spider’s boots and eyes
- 2 "Mother of pearl" buttons (3/8” diameter)
- 1 skein of (red) embroidery floss for his mouth
- 3 small spools of coordinating all-purpose thread to match the solid fabric, spots and brown felt - I use my Premium Threads from Rowan and Coats Dual Duty XP®
Scissors, Straight pins, Large safety pins, Pencil, Rotary cutter and mat, Iron and Ironing board, Pressing cloth, 24" quilting ruler, Chalk pencil, Hand sewing needle, Embroidery hand-sewing needle, 1 sheet of wax-free tracing paper (I use Prym-Dritz™), Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors)
- Big Nap Pillow - 48" wide from petal to petal (30" diameter in center) x 8" thick
- Silly Spider Toy - 7” wide across the body plus 5" legs x 3" thick